VIDEO: How can we break America’s highest glass ceiling?
Inspired by feminist.com Founder Marianne Schnall’s book What Will It Take To Make A Woman President?, Political Parity, Running Start and the Women Under Forty PAC convened some of the nation’s leading voices for a conversation on why a woman has yet to break America’s highest glass ceiling.
In the video above:
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton advocates for diverse public leadership.
- Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen explains the value of electing women on both sides of the aisle.
- Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz describes the barriers women face in envisioning a pathway to politics.
- NFL veteran and political activist Don McPherson calls out the lack of men involved in the conversation.
- The White House Project Founder Marie C. Wilson emphasizes the importance of building a strong bench of female leaders.
- Janet Foutty, principal at Deloitte (our generous sponsor for this event), encourages us to lift up examples of healthy work-life balance.